What is Profound?
Profound is a completely customizable and minimally invasive treatment suitable for women and men who wish to target the key signs of aging and/or cellulite on the body. The Profound system is ideal for those looking to increase volume, lessen wrinkles and restore elasticity, all with minimal downtime.
How Does Profound Work?
During Profound treatments, the deep dermis is targeted with patented Real Time Temperature and Impedance Control. The system utilizes micro-needle electrodes to precisely target where the concentration of collagen is the highest without thermal impact to the skin. Profound stimulates a wound healing response which naturally creates new elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid formation. This results in visible skin improvement. Additionally, during cellulite treatments, with Profound you may see increased dermal thickness and decreased storage of fat cells; helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Profound Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
- hydrate sufficiently (64 fluid ounces daily for one week prior to treatment),
- eat a substantial meal pre-treatment,
- avoid alcohol for 7 days prior to the procedure to decrease the risk of bruising
- avoid any NSAIDS for 14 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please inform your Provider as you may need to be pretreated with an antiviral medication.
- Discontinue topical retinoids or other skin irritants for a minimum of 3-5 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and use SPF 30+.
- Immediately following treatment, area will be cleansed with sterile NS, then we will apply the SkinMedica Post Procedure Repair Complex and then the Restorative Ointment.
- Ice for 45 minutes directly following treatment. Then every 2 hours, for 20-minutes on/off intervals, on day of treatment. This will help to decrease likelihood of indurations, extended bruising, and increase comfort.
- 1-week post treatment and while healing, wash treated area 3-5 times daily with tepid water and Elta Foaming face wash. Avoid wash cloths, harsh irritants, and scrubs. Pat dry and do not rub.
- Keep the area treated as hydrated as possible for one-week post treatment. The area should be covered with clothing or SPF 30 or higher sunblock containing the zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide at all times, we recommend Elta UV Facial Broad-Spectrum SPF 30. Apply the Post Procedure Repair Complex before the UV Facial sunscreen. Wait approximately 10 minutes after application of the sunscreen and then apply a layer of the Restorative Ointment. The area treated should have a consistent glazed like appearance at all times for one-week post treatment.
- It is recommended to sleep with head elevated post treatment. Change your pillowcase daily or lay a clean towel each night. Avoid sleeping with pets.
- For the first 24 hours post treatment it is recommended to avoid rigorous exercise, any activities that would stimulate heat, vasodilation, do not take a hot bath or sit in a sauna, etc.
- For 4 to 6 weeks post treatment, please avoid sun exposure. If going outside (even getting into a car, going for a walk) please make sure to cover the area with clothing and apply the Elta UV Facial Broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside.
- Do not pick at the treated area. It is imperative to let the area heal on its own. If the area is picked at and further interruption of the epidermal layer occurs, this can increase the risk of infection, PIH, and other post procedure complications.
- Contact Clarity Skin at 801-571-2040 if any concerns about how your skin is responding to treatment or is healing.