BOTOX is approved for cosmetic use in 78 different countries, with perhaps more research than any other medical aesthetic product in the world behind it. It has been part of numerous Allergan-sponsored clinical trials and has been named in hundreds of peer-reviewed articles and scientific journals. Nearly 11 million vials of BOTOX have been sold just in the US since 2002, making Botox the top-selling product of this type on the planet.
The active ingredient in BOTOX is derived from Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium that exists in nature. This bacterium is extensively purified into a botulinum toxin protein, which can then be used in a variety of potencies or doses for varying uses. This means that there’s no such thing as “generic” cosmetic BOTOX products – only true botulinum toxin has been proven to have the effects we’ll provide for you at Clarity Skin.
Unlike other treatments, BOTOX is able to target the actual underlying causes of frown lines and unsightly crow’s feet on the face. These are due to muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over a period of years, but botulinum toxin protein can get beneath the surface of the skin and target this basic muscle activity. Crow’s feet will receive three injections, while frown line areas will receive five into muscles in the forehead. Both will significantly reduce the appearance of these lines, giving you a younger, healthier look.
What to Expect
The actual procedure of undergoing BOTOX treatment is simple and straightforward, lacking much of the discomfort other similar procedures may come with. Some basic considerations to keep in mind:
- The injection may feel something like a pinch, but your specialist will use ice to numb the area and make even this discomfort unlikely. If you’re worried about pain, ask your specialist about a topical numbing cream that can go even further.
- The entire process will take 10 minutes, or even less in some cases. This includes speaking with your specialist about your goals for treatment, plus taking part in a facial analysis that will help show the areas where treatments are needed.
- BOTOX is considered a “technique-sensitive” treatment – this means that as long as a licensed, experienced professional is administering the procedure, you will not lose any ability to show expression. At Clarity Skin, all our specialists are extensively trained, licensed, and experienced with BOTOX treatments.
- BOTOX is often referred to in the field as a “lunchtime procedure,” meaning that it has very little downtime associated with it. You can generally return to work or any normal part of your day immediately after leaving the office following treatment.
- In most cases, you will begin noticing results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe crow’s feet and frown lines. Results last up to four months without issue.
Here are a few basic statistics that illustrate the stunning effect of BOTOX cosmetic products:
- In studies of crow’s feet treated with BOTOX, over 20 percent of people had an improvement of at least two “grades” (industry benchmarks for facial appearance) within 30 days – and nearly 70 percent were down to mild or no crow’s feet at all after 30 days.
- In studies of moderate to severe frown lines, 80 percent of participants who used BOTOX for treatments showed significant improvement after day 30.
Giving You the Real Thing
As we noted above, there’s no substitute or generic product for BOTOX – no other products of any kind have been proven to provide the same effects. This doesn’t stop some unsavory characters from trying, however, and producing fake, cheap or discounted BOTOX products marketed to people in the same industry.
At Clarity Skin, we’ll prevent this sort of dishonesty from ever reaching you. We’re a longtime reputable provider of true BOTOX cosmetic products, purchasing our products directly from Allergan or their authorized distributors. We’re happy to show you our BOTOX vials, which you can check to confirm the presence of the BOTOX Cosmetic logo and a holographic Allergen image. All these products are guaranteed for quality and handled using strict manufacturing, storage and transportation processes.
So are you ready to get to work on a simple, non-invasive treatment that can help you look and feel younger and healthier? The specialists at Clarity Skin will walk you through every step of our BOTOX process, from a consultation and basic facial analysis to return treatments when necessary. We can help you decide which treatments will be best to help meet your cosmetic needs, with experts at the ready to begin treatment at your convenience.
Call us today to learn more about our industry-leading BOTOX services.
Learn about Juvederm >>
Learn about CoolSculpting >>